Author Topic: Along the Cherry Lane  (Read 7889 times)

virginia

Along the Cherry Lane
« on: August 29, 2015, 11:21:34 AM »
This book about Milt Okun is really good. I found new things I didn't know about John in it. For instance, Milt is a big opera lover, and he took John to see an opera about a singer and his mentor (DIE MEISTERSINGER VON NURNBERG), which is one of Milt's favorites. John was fascinated by the opera. At the end he wrote a note to Milt saying that he, John, was his student and Milt the mentor. It made me cry. It brings two of my loves together. I was raised on opera, but I had given it up when I found pop music of the Beatles and then John. After John died, I was lost for a few years, then in 2002 I went back to opera, not giving up the pop music. I found it was something that helped me release my emotions and I enjoyed going to live opera, because I had missed going to live concerts with John.

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
Re: Along the Cherry Lane
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 11:53:01 AM »
Along the Cherry Land, is the name of the book? I may have to order it. It sounds fascinating.
I'm happy that you were able to find solace in Opera. I love some Opera Singers....I especially like Andrea Bocelli and the fact that he has played with different genre.