Author Topic: A beautiful cover, using a very unique instrument  (Read 795 times)

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
A beautiful cover, using a very unique instrument
« on: September 28, 2016, 10:05:51 AM »
I found this guy doing ANNIE'S SONG...and the instrument is so unique, that the video/music is just stunning..♥

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7VbU9BtHFM

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: A beautiful cover, using a very unique instrument
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 12:51:36 PM »
Hmmm, no body even weighed in on this... :-\

Grandpa D

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 02:15:39 PM »
Sorry that I didn't say something sooner. I have seen this video on Face Book.
The instrument offers a sound that is somewhere between an electric guitar and a hammer dulcimer.

What is interesting is the comments left below the video.
It appears that some of the people posting comments think that it is an original song by the player.

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 02:15:57 PM »
 ;D It is a unique sound that is for sure. I'd never seen that instrument before that video. Course I'm not a musician...so probably would not know it even if I had.  :o
Grandpa D.....Most of the people who watch videos on Youtube, have probably never heard of John, and certainly do not have his songs seared into their brains... ;)

Boot Leg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 07:33:47 PM »
That guy invented the instrument himself.

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 10:31:30 AM »
I don't think so Boot Leg, that is a "Chapman Stick"...Mark White is playing one in that video, but Emmet Chapman invented it back in 1969.

In 1969, Emmet Chapman invented one of the rarest and most difficult instruments in the world… The Chapman Stick.

The 12 string monstrosity requires a very specific, skilled musician to make it sing. But street musician Mark White was up for the challenge.

Mark White is among a small minority who have ever even heard of his instrument, but his skills are second to none. With only 10,000 Chapman Sticks worldwide, they are one of the most seldom seen and rarely heard instruments in existence.

Boot Leg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 09:41:23 AM »
I don't think so Boot Leg, that is a "Chapman Stick"...Mark White is playing one in that video, but Emmet Chapman invented it back in 1969.

In 1969, Emmet Chapman invented one of the rarest and most difficult instruments in the world… The Chapman Stick.

The 12 string monstrosity requires a very specific, skilled musician to make it sing. But street musician Mark White was up for the challenge.

Mark White is among a small minority who have ever even heard of his instrument, but his skills are second to none. With only 10,000 Chapman Sticks worldwide, they are one of the most seldom seen and rarely heard instruments in existence.

Oops!!! My fault. I heard somewhere that he invented that but I'm obviusly wrong

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 04:31:48 PM »
No big deal....we all help each other love music and get educated..♥