Author Topic: John Denver & Dean Evenson Chief Fools Crow's 88th Birthday Pow Wow 1977  (Read 1608 times)

AspenDan

John Denver & Dean Evenson Chief Fools Crow's 88th Birthday Pow Wow 1977

Heres one I've never seen before. John sings two songs, PPP and CR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlb8d0B0OY0

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
No, I have not seen that either!
BUT WOW!!! Was that the 70's? LMAO ;D

Roses and Sunshine

• Administrator
Yes, Elizabeth, very definitely the 1970's.  Good video.

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
LOVED THE HAIR!! Kind of gave it away! ;D

SongbirdWI

• Whodunnit? Dunno. Wooden chew?
Gack! I was in middle school in '77!
I found, and downloaded, a series of four(?) videos, consecutive to each other of, I -believe-, John doing a house-concert for his family for Thanksgiving. This is very, very similar. John just "got" people: family, friends, extended family like here or a stadium of tens of thousands.

Now, obviously, I never knew John personally. And, just as obviously all that I -do- know of him comes via various sources, some who actually DID know him, personally. What I'm getting at is, despite certain "idiosyncrasies" that he managed to keep fairly quiet from general public knowledge, I'm told John was the same person no matter where you might have encountered him. This video - and the other ones that I have - show just that.

He wasn't a phony. THAT is why I always respected him - even in his most human of moments. How odd -rare and precious, too - it is to know that about him. I mean REALLY know it, like I know the scars of my 51 years. Now "that" is truly FAR-OUT!!

(And I just realized - when we first met - my 2nd husband looked a LOT like John looks in this video!!!!!! Might explain a few things! LOL)

Fairfarren!
Heidi

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
LMAO I graduated high school in June and was married in July in 1976  ;D

I always felt he was true, to the world, to himself. Part of what drew me to him. Some folks will tell you that I am often times a bit to honest and true.  ;)

Fairfarren!
Are you Scottish or a fan of the Hatter? ♥