Author Topic: May - July 2017...daily posts  (Read 962 times)

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
Re: Good Morning....daily posts
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2017, 08:55:33 AM »

UNTIL I CAN GET HOME....and change ALL my images from PHOTOBUCKET to another host, this will be MY LAST daily morning Graphic! This one is hosted on Imgur.

GOOD MONDAY July 3rd MY FRIENDS!

Today, I have to say....HAPPY ANNIVERSARY.....to my dear Husband....and THANK YOU, for 41 years of being my best friend....LOVE YOU!
Not sure what today will bring, I need to change the cat boxes completely, and make a Walmart run. I wanted to do some "tourist" things, but we'll see what happens. I guess the SIL and BIL want to take us out to dinner.....so that will be fun, everything these dear folks do is always fun!
Hope you all have a good and safe 3rd of July....and REMEMBER to keep all pets INDOORS and safe, the fireworks have already started in most places.

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2017, 09:27:30 AM »

HAPPY 4th OF JULY, MY FRIENDS!

WOW.....had a truly wonderful time with the family for our Anniversary last night. They asked where we wanted to go out to dinner, I said..."something different".....we went to the Ginger Cafe, a lovely little cafe that served Mediterranean & Middle Eastern dishes! Don't know if the food was just incredible or if it was the food and great company that made it so very special, but it was a fun evening. Tonight, they say we can clearly see the fireworks from their balcony! I can't wait.....
This will be our last night here, sadly......we will pull out early tomorrow morning to head up home, stopping to see the kids in Albuquerque.
I hope you all have a fun but safe 4th of July!

D Searcy

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2017, 10:45:39 AM »
Back when I was still a working stiff, holidays like the 4th just meant a day off for me.

Someone once said, "With age comes wisdom".
I believe this to be true.

Today, I fly the Flag of Freedom.

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2017, 06:36:53 AM »
Good Thursday, July 6th my friends! Nice morning here, even have the windows open for the first time in a week! CATS are loving It!
We will head out towards Albuquerque, NM soon, and will be having dinner with the kids tonight.๐Ÿ’–
You all have a great day...

Dale, we had a flag tied to our RV latter.๐Ÿ™ƒ

virginia

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2017, 11:24:22 AM »
I thought it was my computer.

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2017, 07:55:00 AM »
Good Sunday, July 9th, my Friends!
Last day on the road....and a short one, bout 5 hours. Then lots of work awaits me. Unloading this rig, cleaning it. Then catching up on 14 days worth of yard work.๐Ÿ˜ฎ I should be back online tomorrow morning for my coffee. Hope you all have a brilliant day.๐Ÿ’–

VIRGINIA, no not this time.๐Ÿ™„

D Searcy

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2017, 08:33:34 AM »
So as your road trip ends, ours begins.
We are headed for Higher Ground.
Flaming Gorge Utah is the destination.
Temps will be in the mid to low 80's in the day and down in the 50's at night.
We will be spending 2 weeks there boating, fishing and relaxing.
We are taking our 2 grand kids with us ages 11 and 12 so I don't know how much relaxing we will be getting.
We are also taking our 4 month old pup, Roxie with us.
Wish we were already there. LOL

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2017, 10:03:38 AM »

GOOD MONDAY, July 10th MY FRIENDS!

We are home safe and sound, and it is freaking hot here. I have the whole motorhome to empty, but it is going to take a few days, as I have a million other things need doing at the same time. Today, I need to start on  monster load's of laundry! LOL
Hubby and I got the important stuff out of the RV last night, 102 degree heat! I will slowly unload and then clean the RV over the next week or so. I also have a ton of Anniversary photos to go through finding the best for SIL and BIL.....and get them off as soon as I can. But I have an hour of Video and over 300 photos.....to go through. Unfortunately, I'm NOT a pro, so I need to take a 100, just to get 10 good ones! LMAO :)
AND slowly I have to move 16,345 images I have had on PHOTOBUCKET since 2004......I WAS a paying customer, but I will not pay the new EXTORTION payment of $399....they F'ed up. But it will take forever to move that many, so will have to do it slowly.  I have also had to send them now 2 emails about canceling my auto pay subscription......we'll see how many I have to send before they send me an email saying they have done it.
Anywho.....I should be here this morning, and every morning....but then off and working, the yard needs some tidying up, I can see that weeds have invaded the flowers!
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY....and I will see you when I can.

GRANDPA D....I hope you so enjoy your vacation! AND those nice cool temps!  I hear ya on the "wishing"...the getting ready, and the after cleaning and unloading is the WORST! ;)

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2017, 10:02:12 AM »
GOOD TUESDAY, July 11th MY FRIENDS!

***FIRST: My heart and prayers go out to the family and friends of the 16 Marines killed in the KC-130 plane crash in rural western Mississippi.***
As for me, I will unload more stuff from the RV once I have my coffee and breakfast. Today is to be the "coolest" day (95 today) until late next week.....with temps reaching as high as 107 being possible. I will be back on this afternoon when it's to hot to work.
Have a wonderful day.

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2017, 09:36:53 AM »
 GOOD WEDNESDAY, July 12th MY FRIENDS!

WHOOHOO....a wee cool down, only going to be 96 today! Yes, I am being sarcastic! ๐Ÿ˜œ STILL...unloading the RV, should get it finished today, for tomorrow I am going on our first Ladies day out with Mom since we left for vacation. โ™ฅ Then Friday I have to whip this lawn into shape, mowing, edging and weed whacking. That will all be done in the morning too, even Mom said she wanted to go 30 minutes earlier! I do hope you all have a fantastic day where ever you might be.

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2017, 08:22:51 AM »
GOOD THURSDAY, July 13th MY FRIENDS!
 Today is ladies day out. But we are going a half hour earlier because of the heat, so I pick Mom up at 9am. Don't know what all we will get into, but there will be laughter, always is! So, I will be back online this afternoon.
I hope you all have a truly smile making day!

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2017, 03:10:17 PM »
GOOD FRIDAY, July 14th MY FRIENDS!

Sorry I'm running so late. I needed to make some special graphics, that takes a bit, but thanks to PHOTOBUCKET, I had to find a new place to host them! Grrrrrrrrrr.....
*breathes deep*.....
SO...I had my coffee and breakfast and went out and mowed, weed whacked and pull weeds and trimmed up some tree branches and dead headed the flowers, all before it got really hot. It was already 77F and "real feel" say's it feels like 80F at 9:30am, but now at 12:30 it is 90F, real feel says it feels like 101F!
OH! And when I was trimming some low hanging branches from our Honey Locust, I noticed that we had some kind of "bug" problem. I guessed an aphid type bug, because the juice was like sucked out of the leaves on certain branches. So took some over to the nursery in a large ziplock bag and they said....a type of aphid. And I bought a gallon of stuff, which will cover all 3 trees. Seems when one tree gets infested, they all eventually do.
WAS NOT CHEAP for the gallon either, $49....but it IS cheaper than calling out the sprayer people.
Hope you are all having a wonderful day....and a cooler one!

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2017, 04:32:26 PM »
GOOD FRIDAY, July 14th MY FRIENDS!

Sorry I'm running so late. I needed to make some special graphics, that takes a bit, but thanks to PHOTOBUCKET, I had to find a new place to host them! Grrrrrrrrrr.....
*breathes deep*.....
SO...I had my coffee and breakfast and went out and mowed, weed whacked and pull weeds and trimmed up some tree branches and dead headed the flowers, all before it got really hot. It was already 77F and "real feel" say's it feels like 80F at 9:30am, but now at 12:30 it is 90F, real feel says it feels like 101F!
OH! And when I was trimming some low hanging branches from our Honey Locust, I noticed that we had some kind of "bug" problem. I guessed an aphid type bug, because the juice was like sucked out of the leaves on certain branches. So took some over to the nursery in a large ziplock bag and they said....a type of aphid. And I bought a gallon of stuff, which will cover all 3 trees. Seems when one tree gets infested, they all eventually do.
WAS NOT CHEAP for the gallon either, $49....but it IS cheaper than calling out the sprayer people.
Hope you are all having a wonderful day....and a cooler one!

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2017, 12:56:38 PM »
GOOD SATURDAY, July 15th MY FRIENDS!

Hubby is doing business work this morning, so I'm grabbing a quick cup of coffee and then going out to mow the back lawn while it's cooler. It's only 66F now, but should be triple digits by noon.
I will also be making a dump run....
I hope you all have some nice cool Summer day plans for today.
CHANGE OF PLANS:  SO....I SAID TO HECK WITH THIS....I saw the temperature jumping every 10-15 minutes. SO I had one cup of coffee, no breakfast, no pills. AND I went out and mowed the back lawn, and adjusted the sprinklers, some spots were not getting enough, also make them water for a longer time.
NOW....having another cup of coffee and breakfast. Then going out to put that bug stuff down around the trees, then.....going over to get the truck and trailer and take Mom and Dads grass and weeds to the dump along with ours....have to wait to 10am for hubby to come with. Mom and Dad need a TV repair man....LOL They have satellite and get it messed up every so often! That will be us some day.

UPDATE AGAIN....this is how my days go. LOL Finally dump run done, Mom and Dad's TV is working, and we all decided to go out for burgers tonight. LOL
ANYWHO....you all have a good one!

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2017, 11:01:03 AM »
GOOD SUNDAY, July 16th MY FRIENDS!

Another hot day here. Going to be 100 or over for the next two weeks here. Believe I will be doing all lawn work in the mornings and playing here online in the afternoons.
Today, hubby is doing office work this morning, then he needs to wash the car and I need to clean the house. Then later we will be picking Mom and Dad up to go out to our "Late" Anniversary dinner. Other than that.....a quiet day. Hope you all are staying cool where ever you are.

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2017, 12:36:03 PM »
GOOD MONDAY, July 17th MY FRIENDS!

We had a good time at the Texas Roadhouse last night. It was for our belated Anniversary dinner.  As always, the meals were done to perfection, and laughter was had by all. It's 66F outside right now, so I have the windows and doors open for a bit this morning. But from here on out.....slowly climbing to 104 by Thursday.
And NO rain in sight. It's funny to look at the daily forecast and see how many different ways they can say hot.....Hot and sunny, sunny and hot, hot with lots of sunshine...LOL Oh well......still think it's better than 3 feet of freaking snow!
Do hope you all are having a great day, despite the fact that it is Monday!

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2017, 10:30:28 AM »
GOOD TUESDAY, July 18th MY FRIENDS!

It is nice and cool this morning, 62F. So the windows are open for now. Which means I can really hear my happy birds, while drinking my coffee, also someone a few houses over is mowing, I can hear them and smell the fresh cut grass. In other words a very nice morning indeed.
Have no idea what I will get into today. I have to clean up the counter in the kitchen. It's my catch all, and it needs de-cluttered desperately. I want to take down my front 4th of July decorations...we were gone, but the house celebrated. And I want to make stuffed sweet red peppers for dinner, but other than those things, I have no solid plans!
I hope you all have a day where you can or not, do as you please.

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2017, 08:30:51 AM »
GOOD WEDNESDAY, July 19th MY FRIENDS!

Today is ladies day out, grocery shopping and probably the 2nd hand stores today. Also have some donations of food and litter to drop off for the feral cats. Oh,and Dad wants a haircut. Sort of needs one, I noticed he looks like a Kewpie doll, if any of you remember them!
I should be back on again in the afternoon...as once again it will be way to hot to be out and about.
Have a great day gang!

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2017, 11:20:34 AM »
GOOD THURSDAY, July 20th MY FRIENDS!

Decided to get out early before the heat moved in and pull the weeds in the back yard. I had done the front shortly after we got home. But today was the back yards turn! Had some doozies too! Now everything is neat and tidy, might mow the lawn tomorrow morning. Had my cereal and second cup of coffee and now cooling off and playing here. Have no idea what else I'll get into today. After dinner we are going over to Mom and Dads, they had to order a new remote for their satellite dish...the one that came with the new box did not work. So we'll go over and program it, Mom called and said she thought it was written in Greek! LMAO
Hope you all are enjoying your day....make it a good one.

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2017, 01:13:03 PM »
GOOD SUNDAY, July 23rd MY FRIENDS!

So yesterday we took off and went to Boise to look at plants at the giant nursery. Need some ideas for the area where we took out the 6 snow damaged arborvitae trees. We have some ideas and will plant them in the Spring next year.
Then we hung out at the Meridian Mall, watched the fountains and the kids playing, had a nice iced coffee in the shade.
Then had dinner at Famous Dave's BBQ....
Stopped at Best Buy, and picked up some movies that were released in 4K, stopped by Hobby Lobby for some pretty fake flowers to put into a cute water can the Mariette, Dick and Jeanette got us for our Anniversary when were down there, and came home.
I had a HORRIBLE night sleeping. Not my stomach, surprisingly. My back was hurting, and my body was just having a NERVE attack or something. I finally fell asleep at 4AM! Sheesh...
ANYWHO, today will be a very slow and lazy day.
HOPE YOU ALL are having a great weekend.