Author Topic: August 2017 Chatter  (Read 381 times)

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
August 2017 Chatter
« on: August 01, 2017, 12:05:19 PM »
GOOD TUESDAY, Aug. 1st MY FRIENDS!

WHEW! August already....dang! Where did Summer go? We have a very smoky sunrise today. It's supposedly smoke from the California fires, possible some from Oregon as well. We have no rain in the forecast to wash it out of the air, not even any breezes to blow the stuff some place else! AND a week at least of temps 102-105 degrees. It's 70F at 8:30 am. I promise you, I will not be doing anything outside. Heat and smoke....old body can't take that combination.
So.....will be cleaning out drawers, cupboards, etc. LMAO :)
Going grocery shopping with Mom tomorrow morning....but that is all we have planned for the whole week. Guess I will have organized cupboards by the end of the week.
You all have a fantastic Tuesday...
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 04:16:27 PM by Roses and Sunshine »

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
Re: August 2017 Chatter
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 08:25:06 AM »
GOOD WEDNESDAY, Aug.2 MY FRIENDS!

Starting my day off PURRfectly. By having my name drawn to win the cat eye sunshade for my car.
Next in a couple hours I pick Mom up for Ladies Day out....which as you all know is always fun!
Going to be another very HOT day here...102 at least. No breeze, no clouds...just heat! BUT....shopping early, then home and lazy.
Hope you all have as great a day as I am having today!

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 12:45:56 PM »
GOOD THURSDAY, Aug. 3rd MY FRIENDS!

“Red sky at night, sailor’s delight. Red sky in morning, sailor’s warning”...well, except we are a landlocked State and our red sky is from wild fire smoke! BUT....if one has any breathing problems. one better take that as a warning!
Have no idea what the day will bring. Way to hot to be outside, I might run out and mow tomorrow morning...EARLY. But for today, I'm sure something will come up. Ran out to AC&D Farm market last night. Got sweet corn, tomatoes, and avocados. So tonight hubby will be doing the cooking. Pork chops and sweet corn on the grill. Though, as hot as it's going to be, he may not even have to turn the grill on! LMAO
ANYWHO....will be staying inside, from both the heat and the smoke, so I'll have to find something to get into. If hubby was away on a trip, I'd have the carpets to shampoo....but no such luck. Do hope you all have a planned day, or at least a day full of plans.

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 03:25:59 PM »
GOOD FRIDAY, Aug. 4th MY FRIENDS!

Got my lawn work all taken care of, mowed, weed whacked and even have a shower already. It was 62 degrees when I started at 8:15am, weather said it "felt" like 70 due to the humidity. At 9:30am when I finished all but the blowing off grass (just did that)...it was 69 degrees and felt like 75 due to the 43% humidity. Then it was 81 degrees, but felt like 90 at 11:30am! Sheesh... hot and sticky. It's 95, but feels like 101 now...supposed to go up to 102 by 5pm.
BUT ALL DONE, so tomorrow we might go enjoy ourselves at the Kuna days celebration.
Hope you all have a cool place to play...

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 10:29:16 AM »
GOOD SUNDAY, Aug. 6th MY FRIENDS!
Yesterday was a blast! Enjoyed Kuna days, and then hubby and I took the back way home, through Emmett, and had a late lunch at the Blue Ribbon Cafe in Emmett, ID....then proceeded to take a back road out to the middle of nowhere! Literally! LOL 45 miles out on a mostly dirt road....just seeing the sights. Very peaceful...loved it. We both needed that.
ANYWHO.....today, already went outside and hosed down the walkway and steps to clean them, and washed the front glass, storm door. I still need to change the cat boxes and then clean the house, as Mom and Dad will be over here for Pizza and a movie....I think they wanted to watch "Going in Style"...looks pretty funny to me. BUT, that is my day....how about you?

SORRY GANG! Mom just called, I'm going with her to get a haircut. Then I will need to get busy cleaning.
WILL post to you all tomorrow!

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 02:08:03 PM »
GOOD MONDAY, Aug.7th MY FRIENDS!

Had a really good weekend. Saturday was Kuna Days, nice swap meet and huge oldies car show and parade, and hubby and I took a ride and saw some undiscovered territory....just nice to get out. Sunday, got the house cleaned and had Mom and Dad over here for Pizza and movie night. We watched, "Going in Style" (Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine and Alan Arkin) OMG!! We all laughed so freaking hard! Great movie, if you get the "old people" humor....which we all did!
ANYWHO.....doing laundry today, and not much else I think. Hope you all have an easy day as well.

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 02:24:18 PM »
GOOD TUESDAY, Aug. 8th MY FRIENDS!

It's a very late start here today. I decided while drinking my coffee on the patio this morning, that I desperately needed to weed the back flower beds. So.....weeded for an hour before it got to hot and smoky. We will be going to the mulch recycle/dump tomorrow morning. We were going this morning, but Mom and Dad are going to have some friends stop by who are being campground hosts a few hours away in the mountains. And they needed to go shopping at Walmart. So a visit will ensue. So weeded and have had my bath.....not sure what else I will get into. I know sometime today I need to run and get milk and a case of water....but might do that tonight with hubby.
Hope you all have a great Tuesday.

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 02:18:27 PM »
HI DI HO....
Day got away from me! Got up, had one cup of coffee then mowed and weed whacked the lawn. Then we had to take the RV over to the repair shop, they were installing a new side window. Then got home and and got my shower and then the kid called and talked a good hour. Then Mom stopped by wanting to borrow some plastic bowls with lids to take her salads up to the mountains tomorrow. We are all going up and visiting with those friends of Mom and Dads who are campground hosts up at Cascade lake this year.
SO...FINALLY I am here! LOL
Hope you all are having a great day...

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 02:43:51 PM »
GOOD MONDAY, Aug. 14th MY FRIENDS!

WHEW! What a weekend! We were just going and going. Had fun, lots of fun. Saturday in the mountains up at Cascade lake visiting Parents old friends was a nice change. Not quite as smoky up there and a wee bit cooler. Then Sunday spent in Nampa at the arts festival, where it was also nice....overcast day, cooler temperatures, and in a park with huge old big trees for shade.
When we got home, it began to sprinkle and it continued to rain lightly for about 5 hours, off and on. We so needed that! Most of the smoke is gone from the air for now. The fires are not out, so it will come back......but it is also a bit cooler. 85 for a high today, which is way better than 104! LOL But the smoke and warmer temps will be back end of this week, though not quite as hot....only in the upper 90's. Right now I have the AC off and the windows open!
Yesterday at the festival I wore my "Lord of the Cats" t-shirt....I swear I could have sold it half a dozen times!
But I met a woman who was a waaaaay bigger Lord of the Rings fan than me.....she had tattoos on her arms and legs, across her upper back....all scenes from the 3 Lord of the Rings movies! NOW THAT IS A FAN!  :thud:
OH....and about 30 minutes ago a lady who was walking by with her little poodle doggy, came to the door and asked me what a certain plant was in my front corner flower bed. It is the "Ornamental Oregano"....So I went out and told her, and then pulled up a nice sized chunk with roots for her to take. They spread by runners and roots, so that should give her a nice place.
AND now.....it's Monday, so doing laundry. Hope you all have a great day..

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2017, 01:55:36 PM »
GOOD TUESDAY, Aug. 15th MY FRIENDS!

Whew! What a morning already. So, there I was having my morning coffee and Mom calls. "We are going to the dump at 9, will you come?" Of course I do. I had some grass clippings from last week that need emptied anyway and I know it's easier for me and Mom to pull the tarp out of the trailer, than it is for Dad to do it.
So....that done, come home, and since I was up and moving, I went to the post office and mailed a package, then stopped at the little local store and stocked up on Water, as there were rumors that Walmart sent for an emergency shipment of Water from the warehouses, got that in last week and the shelves are already bare, so they ordered another shipment only to find out that there is no more water in the warehouses in Arkansas....where they are (ALL due to the craziness of the Eclipse next Monday).......Got back and unloaded the water and notice I have some weeds taking over in the driveway. Well an hour later I had the whole place weeded, and sprayed for weeds. AND refilled and baited the wasp traps. AND got in an had my shower! Then got my bath....2nd cup of coffee and a bowl of cereal. AND finally got to the boards!
HOPE your day is a good one!

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2017, 08:33:15 AM »
GOOD WEDNESDAY, Aug. 16th MY FRIENDS!

Me and Mom are going out today for ladies day out, so we can stay away from most of the crowds coming in for the eclipse. We are taking both ice chests so we can stock up enough to last us through till at least after the 27th. When they all, hopefully will have gone home! Tourists have already begun to arrive. Our roads are much busier than normal. The Weiser Eclipse days start tomorrow, vendors, classic car show, farmers market, entertainment, beer garden, street carnival....you name it. BUT you will NOT see me out there with all those people....
ANYWHO....I'll be back on once Mom and I get done. We plan on visiting several places. Hope you all have a great day.

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2017, 12:48:51 PM »
GOOD THURSDAY, Aug. 17th MY FRIENDS!

Nice, but back into the low 90's today. Really have no idea what today will bring. Might be a good day to work on re-potting some indoor plants, and some Bday/Anniversary graphics for friends.
Tomorrow I will be mowing and weed whacking, etc. So...for now, I hope you all have a great day!

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2017, 01:14:35 PM »
GOOD FRIDAY, Aug. 18th MY FRIENDS!

Well, I was going to get the lawn mowed and weed whacked this morning. But hubby said he has to fix the irrigation connection, it's cracked, so we can't water. AND so HE will mow the lawn tomorrow after we get that fixed, we'll get the part tonight. SO YIPPIE...all I have to do is the weed whacking and pull a few weeds in the flowers, tomorrow.......*pumps fist* I really was NOT looking forward to having to mow this morning.
But now, I don't know what I'll get into....but I'm certain I can find something that needs doing. LMAO
You all have a great Friday!

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2017, 08:33:51 AM »
GOOD SATURDAY, Aug. 19th MY FRIENDS!

So, last night for 'dinner', hubby decided we needed to go out to Weiser for dinner and to see the start of the craziness. It was starting. All the way up there were signs saying ...."Free eclipse parking, or overnight camping" and then we get to the farm fields just outside of Weiser and the alfalfa fields have been cut, and there are port-a-potties sitting out in the middle of fields (Photo down a few posts) and even one small van camper out there already. But last night was not to bad, and we had a mighty fine cheeseburger at one of those food trucks, but they also have a restaurant....a NEW Weiser restaurant, the ANGLER'S.....will have to hit that up AFTER the eclipse is over.
WE EVEN ran into Patrick Nauman, one half of the Weiser Classic Candy place....he even recognized us, so funny!
Then we came home and got the irrigation parts we needed, so today, hubby will be fixing that and then mowing the lawn, while I do the weed pulling and weed whacking.
SO...Hope you all have a great Saturday.

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2017, 11:51:23 AM »
GOOD SUNDAY, Aug. 20th MY FRIENDS!

Well, yesterday we got the irrigation fixed, needed to rebuild the whole area where the lines are all attached and the big water filter is, the casing developed a crack! It took 3 trips to Home Depot, but we got it done. AND I replaced a busted soaker hose. Hubby got the lawn mowed, while I pulled some weeds and weed whacked. Then we went to Fruitland and tried a new little BBQ Joint. Tiny place, just a few tables....they just opened like 3 days ago. I think it is more of a take out type place, but they were still working on getting the place set up how they wanted it. BUT DANG....the meats we had were good. I had Pulled Pork and Hubby had those spicy sausages. Then of course a few hours later, we had to hit yet another new place, this one in downtown Payette, for a good old fashioned ice cream. Actually, we each at a banana split......got to pick the flavors of ice cream AND the flavors of topping! SO GOOD.....SO BIG! Sharing next time. LMAO
Today, Hubby is doing office work. I will clean the house after I'm done playing on line and then Mom and Dad want us to come over and have dinner with them. Dad is preparing a "TRI-TIP" on the BBQ....
THEN OF COURSE.....Tomorrow is the Solar Eclipse. We are IN the path of Totality....Mom wants to make some blueberry muffins and have us over for breakfast, then watch the eclipse from their place. They have unobstructed views all the way around them.
SO IF I GO MISSING.....TODAY, TOMORROW and POSSIBLY TUESDAY.....it is because the worst case scenario happened and the cell and internet towers were over loaded by all the tourists, and we can't get on line....DO NOT WORRY.....I will be back on line as soon as can!
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT SUNDAY, (and possibly Monday) :)

D Searcy

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2017, 09:50:15 AM »
Barbara and I have our glasses and we are ready for the big event.
Here in Northern Utah we will have an almost 100% eclipse.
Not a total one like Elizabeth will get but close.

After that, I think that I will take a nap.
All the excitement and anticipation has worn me out. LOL

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2017, 03:47:15 PM »
HAPPY ECLIPSE DAY! AUG. 21st 2017.(Here in the USA)

What fun WAS THAT? Had breakfast with Mom and Dad, then we all put on our Eclipse glasses and had PERFECT weather, not a cloud in the sky. It was freaking awesome. WE were in the DIRECT LINE OF TOTALITY....100% Eclipse. The whole thing lasted 2 hours and 20 minutes here. BUT totality, only lasted just under 2 minutes. It got dark, the temperatures dropped easily 20 degrees in 2 minutes, it got dead quiet...then as the sun came back out...the neighbors rooster started crowing! LMAO
ANYWHO....now you know what I did all morning. Hope you had a good time where ever you are too.

Dale...I was looking up all my friends, to see what they could see! You really were pretty good.....I think Nasa map had northern Utah at about 92 %. That is great...♥
So glad you both had your glasses ready!
Wasn't that FUN?? We dropped a good 20 degrees in totality and when the sun started  to darken all the auto street and house lights came on and when the sun began to come back out....the neighbors rooster started crowing! SO FUNNY! ;D

Some of my not so good for anything photos! LMAO

So...I am using Fotki (Since PHOTOBUCKET Is horrible now) and now that I got it figured out it's not to bad...here is the eclipse. I could not photograph totality, as it was just to dark...my camera did not pick up the corona ring at all, I could see it, just not the camera.

Dad, Roger and Me in the beginning.

Dad, Roger and Mom in the dark

The eclipse beginning and ending.

and leaving

The Sky and the neighbors auto lights ON

Roses and Sunshine

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2017, 08:20:05 AM »
Great pics, Elizabeth! 

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2017, 03:22:12 PM »

GOOD TUESDAY, Aug. 22nd MY FRIENDS!

Well, I believe today is the first day of school  here. HOPE everyone watches out for the kids and the buses.
I'm glad the eclipse is NOT today, we are covered in a brown haze of wildfire smoke again. I thought it was cloudy till I looked at the weather forecast....
But I think everyone here is having "eclipse withdrawals" :)
So anyhow....today is my Monday....got my bath already and am washing clothes. That is pretty much it it for today.
I do hope you all are having a great Tuesday.

Roses and Sunshine....thank you, we really had a good time. ♥

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2017, 12:58:21 PM »

GOOD WEDNESDAY, Aug. 23rd MY FRIENDS!

Today is to be a crazy weather day. Expecting thunderstorms, with lots of lightening and NO rain. Won't that be fun?? NOT! Same for tomorrow......We have all been holding our breath about something like this starting. We are as of now through Thursday, under a "red flag warning" for fires in most of our area. Heck, most of the State!
As for me today, washing up all the bedding, it's nice at the moment, about 58 degrees, I have my doors open getting some fresh air, as I'm certain by the end of the week, we'll have new forest fires going and will be even more smoky here....
HOPE you all are having a great mid week!