Author Topic: Some words to say hello you !  (Read 152 times)

CatCevennes

Some words to say hello you !
« on: August 07, 2017, 01:10:46 AM »
Hello, thank you for accepting me as a member.
I am French and I live near the Mediterranean. Fan of JD since 1978 approximately, I discovered his commitments to the planet, I am also attracted by ecology and interested in spirituality. It is very interesting for me to learn more about this artist who has disappeared unfortunately, who loved nature and animals threatened without respect by humans
He is a singer whom I often hear when I drive to long distances, or if I have worries, his beautiful voice and his texts amaze me and make me happy, although I do not understand all the words: I don't speak fluent English, but I could translate the lyrics of his songs online.
In fact, I use an Internet translator to greet you, which is useful to understand the content of the forum and beg you pardon me for possible errors (I hesitated to register for this reason).
Hello friendly to all of you, for your texts and all that you have written on the forum!
Thanks again,
Cathy  :)

Boot Leg

Re: Some words to say hello you !
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 01:26:43 AM »
Google translate is almost perfect when translating French and German to English.. Welcome

Roses and Sunshine

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 08:31:10 AM »
Cathy, WELCOME!!!  So glad you found the courage to post, however you feel comfortable.  English can be a difficult language, I know, and using an online translator is a good solution.

Please feel free to join in any of the conversations.  The things that interest you about John, beyond just his music, are the same things I find of interest, as do many others.  His reach was far and wide.

Again, a big welcome to you.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 02:32:41 PM by Roses and Sunshine »

D Searcy

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 09:35:50 AM »
Hello Cat and welcome to our little family.
I hope that you will become comfortable here and post often.

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 02:07:04 PM »
Welcome Cathy! So happy you have chosen to join us here.  It's fascinating to me that we have such diversity in people here in this one little place on the internet.
We all come from different back grounds and different places,  but John and his loves, Music and Nature....have brought us together as one heart. ♥
I think your translating will be just fine. English is my native language and I can mess it up worse than anyone! ;D

CatCevennes

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 02:29:14 AM »
❤ 💚 Thank you all for your kind welcome 💜

JDExpert

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2017, 02:23:53 AM »
Welcome, Cathy, it's amazing that Google Translator works so well, maybe I should use it too, to improve my English....

CatCevennes

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 09:56:58 AM »
 JDExpert, thanks for the welcome  :)  I check the translated words with another software, and I have some notions of English, limited but which allow me to avoid errors (most of the time).

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2017, 03:32:10 PM »
I think you are doing great!  :) I've been using google translate for 13 years to correspond with a friend I met in Argentina.♥