Author Topic: Rhymes and Reasons Exhibit moves from Grammy Museum to Guthrie Center in Tulsa  (Read 548 times)

admin

• Administrator
Hi all, we're excited to announce that "Rhymes and Reasons: The Music of John Denver" has moved from The Grammy Museum in Los Angeles to The Woody Guthrie Center in Tulsa, OK. The exhibit will open September 1st to the public with a VIP opening event August 31st (I believe that's open to members of the Guthrie Center, please check with the center for details if the Aug 31 event is of interest). The exhibit has previously been on display at the Grammy Museum in Los Angeles, and will remain at the Guthrie Center through the end of 2017.

Roses and Sunshine

• Administrator
Wonderful news! So glad to see the interest continue. :)

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
Just wonderful that a whole other section of the country will get to see that exhibit! ♥

Roses and Sunshine

• Administrator

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
Nice write up.....it's fitting that it's at the Woody Guthrie Center. ♥

AspenDan

I hope someone video's this exhibit and publish it for those of us who can't attend in person.

Roses and Sunshine

• Administrator
Here's a link to a local Tulsa tv station's preview of the exhibit.  You can see it as it's being finalized for setup.  Looks pretty amazing!
http://www.newson6.com/story/36275071/new-exhibit-at-woody-guthrie-center-looks-at-life-of-john-denver

D Searcy

• Administrator
I remember reading an article about taking some of John's guitars to a top rated guitar luthier to have any repairs needed done in preparation of the exhibit.

It's great to see that the Estate has allowed the public to see the guitars and all the other pieces that are in the exhibit.
I wish that the exhibit would be set up in Aspen for the Aspen In October Gathering.
There will be hundreds of people from literally all around the would there for the gathering.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 10:29:57 AM by D Searcy »

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
Oh Dale......that would have been a wonderful thing! :)

D Searcy

• Administrator
That was a nice article.
Thanks for posting it.

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
That was a very nice video. Thank you...♥