Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 223 times)

Back_Home

Introduction
« on: August 25, 2017, 07:55:55 PM »
Hello, I am new here. I'm 15 and I've been a fan of John Denver for about a year now. The first song I heard was "Take me home, Country Roads". It was unlike any song I've ever heard before, not like all this modern junk you hear today. I kept listening to it over and over again, and I still am. I also enjoy listening to "Back Home Again" and "Rocky Mountain High". I think it's sad that he died almost 20 years ago, he would've gained a lot more popularity if he didn't die in the crash. I hope to get to know all you other fans out there.

Roses and Sunshine

• Administrator
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 08:09:01 PM »
Welcome! So glad you found us! 
As you begin to explore all of the work that John Denver accomplished, you will find there is much to love and appreciate.

John was very popular in the 1970's and retained his fans through the decades.  While he doesn't get much air play these days, there is a sustained movement of appreciation for all he did musically, certainly, as well as his philanthropic work for stopping world hunger and for protecting the environment. 

Keep reading and learning while appreciating his music.  You will help the younger generations become music appreciators of John's, too!
Great to have you here!

Back_Home

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 08:26:55 PM »
Thanks! I also heard he was associated with Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and Jim Henson in some ways.

Roses and Sunshine

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 10:15:05 PM »
If you haven't checked already, I suggest diving into John's videos on YouTube.  You will find some of his TV specials there, with many famous guest entertainers as part of the shows.  This is in addition to many other videos.  If you feel like a stretch, I suggest watching his two hour video speech from 1980 entitled "On Being Human". 

If you have any questions, let us know! :)

« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 08:40:48 AM by Roses and Sunshine »

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 09:27:12 AM »
Welcome Back_Home!! It is so wonderful to hear a young adult say they love his music.....I think you will find a massive amount of great inside info on John here, and I hope you pass along your love of his music to your friends!  ;D

Back_Home

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2017, 07:32:19 PM »
Thanks, not an adult though, hehe. I love your picture!

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 04:14:30 PM »
LOL WELL...someone younger than most of us old farts!  ;D

Roses and Sunshine

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2017, 10:39:04 PM »
Would you tell us how you discovered John's music?  Thanks!

virginia

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2017, 11:35:23 PM »
Check out my Kindle books about John, "What One Man Can Do: The Legacy of John Denver."

Back_Home

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2017, 06:02:07 PM »
I was listening to James Taylor’s “In my mind” on YouTube and the next video that was going to be played was John Denver’s “Country Roads”, so I just let it play and that’s how I learned to love it.

D Searcy

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2017, 06:47:14 PM »
Hello Back_Home.
Welcome to our little John Denver Family.
I hope that you will find new friends here and that you will gain in knowledge and respect for the Life of John Denver.

Do you play an instrument?

Roses and Sunshine

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2017, 07:18:44 PM »
I was listening to James Taylor’s “In my mind” on YouTube and the next video that was going to be played was John Denver’s “Country Roads”, so I just let it play and that’s how I learned to love it.

I love it that you went with it, Back_Home, and that you were touched and found the music appealing.  Wonderful!!!

Back_Home

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2017, 08:39:43 PM »
Hello Back_Home.
Welcome to our little John Denver Family.
I hope that you will find new friends here and that you will gain in knowledge and respect for the Life of John Denver.

Do you play an instrument?

Unfortunately, no, I don't play any instrument. I only listen to them, hehe.

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2017, 02:11:12 PM »

What a wonderful story on how you found JD. It's also kind of amazing that a young person was listening to "Sweet Baby James", James Taylor.  ;D

Back_Home

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2017, 08:34:45 PM »
Yes, lol, I've also listened to Glen Campbell's Rhinestone Cowboy, sad about his recent death.  :-\

JDExpert

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2017, 02:22:20 AM »
Welcome, Back_Home!

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2017, 03:33:27 PM »
Yes, it was sad to hear about Glens death....but it released him from the pain and sickness...now he starts on a new journey.♥