Author Topic: Help Needed in Teaxs  (Read 33 times)

D Searcy

• Administrator
Help Needed in Teaxs
« on: August 29, 2017, 06:56:39 PM »
It can be hard to decide when and what to donate when people are in need.
We have to be careful as to where we donate.
The events that are happening in Texas tears at my heart.

My church is donating a lot of goods to Texas.
My family is making a donation to our church.
This donation is earmarked to only go to the disaster in Texas.
I know that our donation will go to those that are in so much need at this time.

Roses and Sunshine

• Administrator
Re: Help Needed in Texas
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 07:17:31 PM »
I feel the same, Dale.  It's so hard to watch some of these events play out.

I chose to donate to the Salvation Army. There are many good organizations out there, and we just need to pick one and go with it, rather than stalling by evaluating everything about them.... and then not getting anything donated.

The needs are real and they are immediate.  I hope others are rising to the need, as well.   

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
Re: Help Needed in Teaxs
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 02:08:52 PM »
Family is right smack in the middle of it all.
Luckily hubby's work did this:
Subject: [Allskyliners - DO NOT REPLY ALL] Hurricane Harvey

As you have probably heard by now, parts of the great state of Texas have been decimated by Hurricane Harvey.  The rainfall total is unprecedented at nearly 50 inches.  Hundreds of thousands of people are displaced from their homes and the once the water recedes, the damage will take years to repair.

Many of us have friends or family in the area.  We have to do something to help during this crisis.

Where to begin?

Skyline is sending $5,000 to the American Red Cross to help with immediate needs of food, water, and other survival necessities. 

We’d like to take it one step further.  We know Skyliner’s are generous with their time and resources.  Last year you guys volunteered over 1,000 hours in your communities!  We are very proud of that.  We also know that many of you will be donating money to help in this disaster and we’d like to encourage that.  So Skyline will MATCH your donations, up to a cap of $5,000 total.

If you donate, please send me a copy of your donation receipt to any of the charities or organizations that are helping with the disaster relief of Hurricane Harvey and we send a matching donation.

Working together, we can make a difference!

Thanks!

So we donated through them....so they would match it.♥