Author Topic: Candlelight Tribute  (Read 25 times)

Roses and Sunshine

• Administrator
Candlelight Tribute
« on: September 13, 2017, 01:51:59 PM »
It's been mentioned on Facebook that this event will be happening, in Aspen on October 12, 2017, in the 6pm hour MST. 

It's something we each could easily replicate where ever we are, even though we may or may not be attending Aspen.   Food for Thought.

" Shauna Sparrow
A few weeks ago, I posted here that it would be nice to have a special memorial for John on Oct 12th at the exact time that he left us 20 years ago, which would be 6:28 in Aspen. Many people seemed interested, so we have planned a brief, informal memorial in the John Denver Sanctuary beginning at 6:12 so there will be enough time to light candles. There will be a couple of songs and a moment of silence. If you wish to bring a flower to leave at one of his stones, feel free to do that. A vase will be there to put your flower in. We have no idea of how many people to expect, but 200 candles will be provided. It will be over by 6:32, in time to be at the Wheeler show which begins at 7:30."

Are you in?  Replying here could connect us worldwide. :)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 01:53:42 PM by Roses and Sunshine »

D Searcy

• Administrator
Re: Candlelight Tribute
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 03:54:01 PM »
I saw this on Facebook.
We will be in Aspen then.
We will light a candle.

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 05:26:18 PM »
I already light a candle at the moment of his death.....♥

Roses and Sunshine

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 06:45:49 PM »
Hopefully others will state their intention to join in.... like linking hands round the world.