Author Topic: October 2017 Chatter....  (Read 369 times)

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
October 2017 Chatter....
« on: October 01, 2017, 09:08:02 AM »

GOOD SUNDAY, Oct.1st MY FRIENDS!

Hubby and I stayed up till 10:30pm last night, talking and reading our new owners manual....YIKES!   A lot to know on our new car! It's almost tooo smart for us! LMAO
We bought a new 2017 Lincoln MKX (suv looking thing). Hubby wants to retire in 5 years. So he is setting us up, so that we have a fairly new car, that won't have a ton of miles on it but will be paid off at retirement, so we can have a reliable car then.
Anywho...it is going to be raining off and on all day, snowing in the mountains! We need to get the RV from Mom and Dad's (we parked it there yesterday, cause our neighbor had a yard sale and the street was blocked with cars)..so need to bring it over here.
Then we are taking them out to Texas Roadhouse for dinner tonight. I hope they like our new car. I'm sure my Dad will love the heated seat......it's like a heating pad on your back! Also need to go through all THREE bags of "stuff" we cleaned out of our other car.....tossed the bags into the back of this one...now need to sort it out...
I also need to clean out my cat boxes....should have done that last week, but Walmart did not have any of my cat litter....got some Friday night....
Other than getting a shower, and tidying up a bit....that is it for today. Wishing you all a wonderful, blessed day!

CatCevennes....and I thank you for saving animals as well....all that good Karma will return to you...♥

Roses and Sunshine

• Administrator
Re: October 2017 Chatter....
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 08:35:03 PM »
Enjoy your new car, Elizabeth.  I have a 'thing' about technology that is 'smarter' than me.... so I can relate!  ;D

CatCevennes

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 05:17:45 AM »
good automobile !

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 10:44:51 AM »

GOOD OCT. 2nd MY FRIENDS!

***Sad day for America...so much death and hate....Las Vegas, needs your healing thoughts.

As for my weekend.....it was great! We bought a new car on Saturday, a Lincoln MKX.
Then on Sunday, we took Mom and Dad to the Texas Roadhouse for dinner.....they loved the new car.
We also got our RV back from being Winterized and it's now parked in the driveway. I need to do a few things before Winter actually sets in.
And hubby and I are going to the Department of Motor Vehicles in a couple hours to transfer the licenses over..
Gorgeous day today...we had a low of 38 degrees, going up to 64 degrees....the winds blew most of the night, but it is calm now. AND I have leaves scattered all over my lawn!
ANYWHO.....I wish you all a wonderful Fall day.

THIS IS THE CAR WE BOUGHT....even in white.

Thanks gang... ;D

D Searcy

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 02:31:17 PM »
My son is in Vegas but he and his wife got there today.
They are trying to make the best of it.

Our President called this evil.
While I agree to a point, to me it is more like sad and disturbed.
Sane mentally healthy people do not do things like this.

I don't like to see our Forum used for political purpose so I will not respond with my real feelings here.
I will however, fly my flag at half staff.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 03:16:21 PM by D Searcy »

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 12:51:16 PM »

GOOD TUESDAY, Oct. 3rd MY FRIENDS!

WOW...had rain and winds blow through last night, and now the temps are mighty cool. At 9:30am it's only 39 degrees! High will only be 65 degrees. And we had snow in the mountains...
Any who...washing up bedding and rugs today. Not sure what else I will be getting into....but you know me, I'm sure it will be something.
Have a blessed Tuesday my friends..

Dale....I don't do political either, I put that graphic in my post only as a show of support for those in pain and those gone..♥

D Searcy

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 03:19:20 PM »
I totally understand and support your picture and your feelings.
I guess that my point is that I come here to get away from the world and it's politics and hatred for a little while.

I also like that we can huddle together and support each other here.
There is a special spirit that I feel here and I'm thankful for it.

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2017, 11:49:22 AM »
GOOD WEDNESDAY, Oct. 4th MY FRIENDS!
Just a little overcast today, temp now at 49 degrees, only going up to 65 degrees. Think I'll bake some cookies for Mom and Dad. Chocolate chip/walnut for Mom and "overcooked" peanut butter for Dad.
Other than that...I've no idea what I have in my schedule today, guess I'll just play it by ear!
Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.

Dale...there really are some great people here..**HUGS**

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2017, 08:53:20 AM »

GOOD THURSDAY, Oct.5th MY FRIENDS!

Today is Ladies day out. Mom and I will be heading out shopping in an hour or so. I'm sure it will be the Walmart and Waremart grocery stores, then who knows after that. We've not done the second hand stores in a while....so might do that.....or the farmers markets, though they are getting mostly pumpkins and squash in now, though I saw on Facebook that AC&D farms has fresh pressed apple cider, might have to get some of that.  Then probably some lunch some place. It's 43 degrees right now, going up to 65, with lots of sunshine, so should be a nice day out. I made Mom some chocolate chip, walnut cookies and since Dad does like "stuff" in his cookies, I made him some peanut butter ones. He LOVES them just slightly burnt, and Mom won't do that.....she says, "I can't bring myself to purposely burn cookies"...Well, I can burn them with no problem! LMAO So that should make them smile today.
I'll be back and see you all when I see ya....
I hope you all have a day filled with sunshine, and if not....then dance in the rain. ♥

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2017, 12:25:36 PM »

GOOD FRIDAY, Oct.6th MY FRIENDS!

I might get out later and mow the lawn, the leaves are starting to drop. And tomorrow we want to head towards Weiser, for the Annual Fall Bazaar, at the Second Chance Consignment...it is such a wonderful place...so many pieces and decorations for this house comes from there, and their Fall Bazaar is the BEST!
ANYWHO....I really slept in today! LOL Guess I needed it, but now of course, that will put me behind for everything today...good thing I really don't have much to do.
Today and tomorrow are to be absolutely GORGEOUS Fall days. Lots of sunshine and temps about 70 degrees.
I hope you all have a grand day in whatever you are choosing to do.

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2017, 09:03:06 AM »

GOOD SATURDAY, Oct.7th MY FRIENDS!

Well, we won't be here long. Today is the Fall Bazaar at the Second Chance Consignment store in Weiser...this is my most favorite Bazaar of the year. We love the "boys" Todd Davies and Darin Baltrusch  are some of the coolest, nicest people we have met. Anywho....then after that, we will be trimming all the bushes and trees and plants to get ready for Winter. I should see you all in the morning. Have a fantastic day...

D Searcy

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2017, 10:04:08 AM »
How close do you live to Weiser?
I have wanted to attend their Festival for many years but it is farther away from me than I'm willing to pull the trailer.
The week after their festival, we have our Dam Jam.
That is a better fit for me.

Have a great weekend and don't spend too much at the bazaar.

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2017, 10:38:48 AM »

GOOD SUNDAY, Oct.8th MY FRIENDS!

Wow! Yesterday was a blast. Hubby and I took off and went to the Second Chance Consignment's Fall Bazaar, near Weiser and found so many neat goodies...we were loaded down. Best find of course was from Simple Harvest.....such good things...Banana/chocolate chip loaves, (I am addicted to these) and a Apple Cinnamon pull apart bread...that I just had a piece of for breakfast....Yummmm!
From there we left and went the back roads to Emmett and the Fall Street Fair, took a break and had a fabulous Latte in the cute HeBrews Coffee shop.....then staying on the back roads to Eagle and the Eagle Fall bazaar. In Eagle we walked the neat downtown area and found this adorable shop, the Second Avenue consignment, that also had AWESOME neat decorator things and last but certainly NOT least, we had dinner at the Schnitzel Garten, German Restaurant. All in all one incredible day....weather could not have been more perfect...low 70's, bright sunshine, golden/red leaves falling. One of those picture perfect days and all spent with my best friend and husband of 41 years.....yeah, it was a perfect day.
FOR TODAY....just house cleaning and hubby needs to go get his shingles shot....he's that age. So.....kind of quiet after yesterday. I won't be online much, as hubby is not doing any official work.....Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

Dale...do you mean the Second Chance Consignment's FALL bazaar? This one:http://www.argusobserver.com/valley_life/fall-bazaar-store-owners-celebrate-favorite-season/article_89fd2722-abc2-11e7-b5f3-b370e21361fd.html

OR did you mean the Fiddler Festival? http://www.fiddlecontest.org/
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 10:42:32 AM by Elizabeth »

D Searcy

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2017, 11:55:23 AM »
The fiddle/music festival.
I would love to attend this but it's just too far for me to go.
Lots of music being played in the camps.

There is a fiddle contest that brings all the folks to Weiser but for most of them,
it's the jams that they come for.

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 02:46:17 PM »
OKAY!! So....started the day off with my Doc appointment. He gave me a clean bill of health...even the blood work was darn near perfect. We spent most of the time talking about...1. his daughter and the experience of a skunk in a live trap. AND 2. about our vacation this summer. Ya gotta love a doc checkup like that. And something new now....more forms on Depression, and drugs. I filled mine out and signed it and then docs nurse had to go over it...and she laughed and said...."The day you are depressed, will be the day I give up nursing!" We both laughed....
Then...I went to PetSense to pick up some kitten KMR and Kibble for OFCP...they still have kittens coming in if you can believe that. THEN, I got my haircut and did some shopping for the big things....like cat litter and 5 dozen eggs! LMAO Things that I don't have room for when Mom and I both go. Home now....having Brandi's (a friend who had a vendor tent this weekend) fabulous, "Chocolate chip/walnut/banana" bread for lunch...LMAO
HOPE you all are having a fab day.

Dale....Oh I'm certain the fiddlers come for the jams! They are famous for some mighty fine talent. It's hard to get a place to sit down in the fiddle shows/contests they are so well attended.  We do come out and listen to the ones playing in the Vendor area....and I guess if you are staying in the camping area, they have jams all night long! LOL

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2017, 12:40:35 PM »

GOOD TUESDAY, Oct.10th MY FRIENDS!

Running late today...and for no darn reason either. Just moving slow this morning. LMAO
Anywho.....really nothing that needs done. Doing up some laundry since I did not finish that yesterday. I might get out to the RV to put down some mouse stuff, so they don't move in this Winter and make sure it's all ready to go.
Today is to be our last "pretty" day this week. Going to get colder and windier from here on out.
The cats are really enjoying the change in seasons, as it has the Squirrels very active, burying nuts and scampering all over the lawn....right in front of the big picture windows!
Hope you all have a brilliant Tuesday.

WOW!! Just got an email from my Sister-in-law, (Hubby's oldest sister) These are the folks who live in Corpus Christi. They evacuated for Hurricane Harvey, and came home to only minor damage. Well now they are out in California for a Bday party and engagement party at hubby's 2nd youngest brothers house and they woke up at 4am to sounds of gunfire and explosions! As it turns out...the gunfire sounds were power transformers exploding and the explosions were gas lines exploding...they are in the middle of those huge California fires and got evacuated twice and are now staying in a hotel with hubby's 2nd youngest brother and is wife and 4 kids!
Keep them in your thoughts...that they don't lose their home.

Roses and Sunshine

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2017, 07:13:01 PM »
Oh, my Elizabeth, such loss for everyone involved... and stress. Holding good thoughts for them.

The squirrels in my yard bury walnuts.  I bet I've pulled up at least 100 walnut tree seedlings in the last year or so. Drives me bonkers!!!  Didn't use to have squirrels here, but they moved in a few years ago. ;)

AspenDan

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2017, 08:53:58 PM »
Oh, my Elizabeth, such loss for everyone involved... and stress. Holding good thoughts for them.

The squirrels in my yard bury walnuts.  I bet I've pulled up at least 100 walnut tree seedlings in the last year or so. Drives me bonkers!!!  Didn't use to have squirrels here, but they moved in a few years ago. ;)

Wait till you have a black squirrel take a nap on a tree branch just outside your window. I wish I took a pic.

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2017, 10:58:07 AM »

GOOD WEDNESDAY, Oct. 11th MY FRIENDS!

Today has dawned colder and cloudy. Rain is on the horizon, with snow in the mountains. At about 8:30am when I got on the computer, it was still dark...the sun has been hidden by clouds.  Funny note....when I opened the blinds, I saw two of our dried colored corn ears we use in our decoration for Fall out front....have been pulled off the straw bales and one is halfway down the driveway, the other is in the grass! LOL Guess the squirrels decided to try to take them home! Today, I will wash up the bedding, and clean the cats litter boxes....
I hope you all have a much brighter day than I.

Roses and Sunshine....maybe someone in the neighborhood is feeding them. *Whistles innocently* ;D

HI DAN...how ya doing?

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2017, 08:42:14 AM »

GOOD THURSDAY, Oct.12th MY FRIENDS!

Whew! The winds picked up a bit last night, and blew in much colder temperatures. It's 31 degrees outside at 7:30 am. And we have rain moving in for tonight.
Today is Ladies day out! Mom and I will need our coats today....well, Mom will! LMAO Have no idea where, besides Walmart we will go, but you know with us two, anything is possible.   Anywho....I will see you all when I get back, have no idea when that will be though.
You all have a fabulous day..