Author Topic: John Denver's Would-be 70th Birthday Celebration  (Read 4533 times)

scjdfan

• View Profile
Re: John Denver's Would-be 70th Birthday Celebration
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2013, 08:41:30 AM »
I meant to say Thank You to Rockies4Ever concerning my overlooking "living" for the Kennedy Center Honors.  However, we can nominate John for a Presidential Freedom Award.  John would fit into a number of their groups.  Here is the address:

Nominations for the Presidential medal of Freedom can be made by writing the President at the White House, 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C., 20500.

Rockies4Ever

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2013, 10:32:36 AM »
I agree. John should have received one of these awards a long time ago.

AspenDan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2014, 04:12:37 PM »
I bought a package of Ring Dings and put a birthday candle in one of them, wished John HB and said a prayer, blew out the candle and ate the Ring Ding. I watched videos and played his music most of the day until I had to leave for dinner. I wanted to do a Flash Mob at the restaurant singing Country Roads but no one was interested. 

scjdfan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2014, 07:46:31 PM »
I know a number of you have seen the website that shows the commercial featuring Annie's Song.  Well today, I actually saw the commercial on TV.  I think it was on A&E.  It was really "Far Out" to be sitting and suddenly hear Annie's Song, during a show that many people watch.  I want to think it was during Criminal Minds. 

Elizabeth

• JD Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2014, 09:04:45 AM »
Oh I love that commercial! It's the "Values.com" one, right?

http://www.values.com/inspirational-stories-tv-spots/122-Annie-s-Song

What better to use a John Denver song for, than for better Values! ♥

EDITING TO SAY....here is MY comment post on the site 3 months ago:

Thank you! For one the most inspiring commercials to come out in a long time. This world NEEDS to hear your message. And John Denver had a way to make WORLD PEACE and human togetherness believable! SO THANK YOU for putting them together!
Elizabeth Robert 3 months ago from Idaho
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 09:08:05 AM by Elizabeth »

AspenDan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2014, 02:16:04 PM »
I wonder what John would have done on his 70th Birthday? He said he wanted to go skiing on his 100th Birthday. Skiing maybe? A Brandy and a cigar? Cognac and a cigar? Quiet dinner or big party? In or out on the town? Alone or with company, family and friends? It's fun to ponder.

Elizabeth

• JD Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2014, 07:36:01 AM »
It is fun to ponder....maybe all of the above. Go out skiing under the stars, with some friends, back to the lodge, Cognac and a cigar, and an off the cuff jam session with them in front of a roaring fireplace. ♥