Author Topic: General Discussion Topics  (Read 369027 times)

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
Re: General Discussion Topics
« Reply #1920 on: May 18, 2017, 09:01:40 AM »

GOOD THURSDAY, May 18th MY FRIENDS!

Today is dawning bright and sunny and the temps are going up. High 60's today....almost 90 by next week. All the mountains snow will start to melt .....fast. To fast.
ANYWHO.....it's gorgeous out this morning, and Mom and I are going grocery shopping. Don't know what else we will get into, but on a pretty day like today, I'm sure it will be something! :)
So....I won't be here for a large chunk of the day, hope you all have a brilliant, beautiful day!

AspenDan

« Reply #1921 on: May 18, 2017, 10:09:20 PM »
We hit close to 90 today but the heat index was at 106!

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #1922 on: May 19, 2017, 11:41:15 AM »

GOOD FRIDAY, May 19th MY FRIENDS!

Gorgeous day in store! Highs to be around 75 degrees. I may have to get outside and do something! LOL I have a drip line that needs re-situated. Of course it's Fiesta Friday, so no cooking. Matter of fact I won't be cooking all weekend. We are celebrating Mom's Birthday tomorrow, Saturday....by going to her favorite little restaurant in Emmett. (Her real bday is Monday, but the place is only open for breakfast and Lunch on Sunday).....BUT THEN on Sunday, Dad is going to try to make a "tri-tip" on the BBQ. My Nephew does it all the time and it's fabulous, so we will see.
So you see.....other than baking a chocolate cake for tomorrow, which I just did, I don't have to cook! Also got my shower for today...because my days can get away from me some how!
ANYWHO....I hope you all have a fabulous day!
***MY HOUSE SMELLS LIKE CHOCOLATE CAKE****Yummm!

DAN....THAT IS FREAKING CRAZY! :o Try to stay cool....

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #1923 on: May 20, 2017, 08:23:25 AM »

GOOD SATURDAY, May 20th MY FRIENDS!

Won't be here long at all. Gorgeous day out, and we have a ton to do. Need to get to Nampa to pick up some flowers, and Mom's Bday present. Then get the car washed, then back and clean up in time to pick up Mom and Dad for Bday dinner out.
So....hope you all have a great day. Should be able to check in longer tomorrow morning.

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #1924 on: May 21, 2017, 08:50:52 AM »

GOOD SUNDAY, May 21st MY FRIENDS!

Had a great day yesterday. Hubby and I got some stuff done, found a good humidifier, got him some new shirts for our Summer trip *(shopping with a man is a PAIN) LMAO...and then got the car washed and took Mom and Dad out to her favorite cafe, came back home and ate the chocolate cake I made and she loved her necklace and earring birthstone set  we got her.
TODAY....I need to clean house, hubby needs to clean out the gutter....they are filled with leaves and the rain water pours over the sides and down the house. Then Dad wants to try BBQing something new, so don't need to cook today either! LOL
That is our Sunday. Gorgeous weather this weekend, sure is nice.....
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY...

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #1925 on: May 22, 2017, 08:53:53 AM »

GOOD MONDAY, May 22nd MY FRIENDS!

Monday.....laundry! Yep, doing laundry and waiting for the dew to dry so I can go mow the lawn, then grab a shower, as I have an appointment with my Doctor to check on the progress of my knee.
Great weekend.....I think Mom loved being pampered both days. And Dad's tri-tip BBQ came out absolutely perfectly, yesterday!
I actually cleaned the house, Saturday, while hubby got the leaves out of the gutters. Then he rototilled my little corner for my wildflowers. I will plant some day this week.
Then I went out and helped him load 3 of those stumps that he had completely out of the ground in to our wheelbarrow, then rolled that to the dump trailer....then it took both of us to get them out of the wheelbarrow and into the trailer. THEY ARE FREAKING HEAVY!
Weather is stunning.....was all weekend, and today is no different. But strangely, it is going to get HOT.....84 degrees today, 87 tomorrow! YIKES.....that kind of heat is going to get the snow pack melting way to fast.
BUT....for right now....I LIKE IT! ANYWHO....like I said, I need to have my coffee, some breakfast and then go out and mow the lawn. Then grab a shower and head over to see doc. So I won't be here a whole lot today. HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT MONDAY!

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #1926 on: May 23, 2017, 12:30:04 PM »

****For Manchester, England****

GOOD TUESDAY, May 23rd MY FRIENDS!

Well, seeing how yesterday was so busy, I never got my laundry done. So....doing that up today. I thought I might get out early this morning and plant my Wildflowers, but Hubby said Dad's rototiller would not do the job. Kept stopping, and I can not turn over all that ground with a shovel, and dig out the grass......just too danged hard on me. So that is a bust today was well. Going to be hitting danged near 90, so the AC will have to come on this afternoon, I'm sure. So other than laundry, and a light dinner....not much on my plate today. HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A MORE PRODUCTIVE DAY!
OH.....Doc said my knee was doing very well. All the ligaments and muscles are nice and tight and the bones are aligned. I don't need to go back unless I get a lot of pain again.

Heart going out to the victims of the latest terrorism against the people of Manchester, England. Prayers and healing love and light to see them through this. :(

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #1927 on: May 24, 2017, 08:21:26 AM »

GOOD WEDNESDAY, May 24th MY FRIENDS!

Won't be here long this morning. Ginger (the cat) needs her blood work done. They want to see how her auto immune disease is doing after the steroids treatment. But I will be back on later.  We hit 90 degrees yesterday! But a bit cooler today...only 75 degrees. My kind of temps there. Anywho.....hope you all have a great Wednesday.

Grandpa D

• Administrator
« Reply #1928 on: May 24, 2017, 02:55:46 PM »
A fun filled day for me today.
Took the boat out fishing with my buddy this morning and tonight the band plays for an assisted living home.
Two of my favorite things to do.

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #1929 on: May 25, 2017, 08:56:29 AM »

GOOD THURSDAY, May 25th MY FRIENDS!

Today is ladies day out. Mom and I are going grocery shopping, then to WareMart, then the Dollar store. Will probably end the day with lunch some place. Do not know when I'll be back, but I'm sure we'll have fun!
Yesterday, I pulled weeds, and dead headed the spent tulips and Iris,  in the afternoon, got everything whipped back into shape, now it's time for the roses and daisy's to make an appearance.
I hope you all have a great day!

Grandpa D....oh that does sound like a great day! How was the fishing? Oh maybe I should say, HOW was the catching? Since we know the Fishing was great! ;D