Author Topic: More John Denver stories, but not from me!  (Read 1877 times)

AspenDan

More John Denver stories, but not from me!
« on: June 02, 2014, 11:46:37 AM »
More John Denver stories, but not from me!

http://myjohndenverstory.tumblr.com/

If this has been posed elsewhere, I'll delete it.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 12:16:12 PM by AspenDan »

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
Re: More John Denver stories, but not from me!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 02:20:38 PM »
Wow..."Chuck" sure hit this line:
this man whose music became intertwined into the fabric of our lives at a time when it was sorely needed!

And "Hanks" story about the French sheriff....made me smile. ♥
I suspect the Sheriff still carries the memory too somewhere in Switzerland.

I bookmarked that page...will have to go back and read them all when I can... :)

I don't remember if I shared this yet or not...but hubby, me and son were vacationing down South....going through Roswell, NM and in one of the old antique stores in a display case was this....brought me to tears, right there in the store. :'(

Banjer

• Mark Brockman Fine Art
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 05:55:46 AM »
Great site, love the stories. Wonder why they stopped allowing stories to be posted. At least I can't post mine. It's kinda long.

AspenDan

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 03:31:28 PM »
Wow..."Chuck" sure hit this line:
this man whose music became intertwined into the fabric of our lives at a time when it was sorely needed!

And "Hanks" story about the French sheriff....made me smile. ♥
I suspect the Sheriff still carries the memory too somewhere in Switzerland.

I bookmarked that page...will have to go back and read them all when I can... :)

I don't remember if I shared this yet or not...but hubby, me and son were vacationing down South....going through Roswell, NM and in one of the old antique stores in a display case was this....brought me to tears, right there in the store. :'(

Yeah, you did but it was nice to see it again. Wish I had seen that when I was there. Also, I wish I had gone to the old Air Force base where John was born. The tower is still there but all the runways and buildings are gone. Google maps it.

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 12:31:42 PM »
Thanks for putting up with the repeat....My memories sucks these days! ;)

AspenDan

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 02:18:06 PM »
Thanks for putting up with the repeat....My memories sucks these days! ;)

No problem. My memories(memory) really suck's too!

BTW, have you thought to contact the newspaper for either a copy or a transcript of that issue?

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 12:21:01 PM »
I did try, right after I took the picture in Roswell....I actually tried 3 times and never got a response. The phone message I left was never returned either... :(

AspenDan

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2014, 02:04:54 PM »
I did try, right after I took the picture in Roswell....I actually tried 3 times and never got a response. The phone message I left was never returned either... :(

I wonder if it shows up on (FE)EBay?

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 02:42:37 PM »
Don't know....I rarely go to EBay....that place scares me, I'm afraid I might get sucked in and addicted! ;D

AspenDan

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2014, 07:20:06 PM »
Don't know....I rarely go to EBay....that place scares me, I'm afraid I might get sucked in and addicted! ;D

You will!

Imagine if you will....

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2014, 12:13:12 PM »
LMAO!! I know I would...I've seen friends disappear into that black hole called Ebay! ;D

Jeannie

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2017, 12:35:52 PM »
I have a story about John Denver and me, even though I never met him. It is my story without a good end, my story. May I share this with you here? Or is there another place here in the forum?

Sorry, I'm new here :(

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2017, 02:02:59 PM »
Hi Jeannie.....I think this is a good place to share your story. Roses and Sunshine might move it, if this is the wrong place, but she will let you know, if she does and where she put it. ;)
SO.....GO ahead....share. ♥

OR....I just made you your very own topic.....http://forum.johndenver.com/index.php?topic=2162.0.....read some of the others in that area and post or not....Just thought you might like to have your own place.  :)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 02:11:08 PM by Elizabeth »

Jeannie

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2017, 11:49:25 AM »
This is my John Denver story:

I'm employed in a concert artists' agency. Till now I met many celebreties, as David Copperfield, Joe Cocker, Lemmy Kilmister, Cliff Richard, Elton John, Harry Belafonte, Deep Purple, Backstreet Boys, Caught in the Act et cetera et cetera …… but never John Denver. We had a concert with him in 1995, but unfortunately I had to work in another concert hall. I was very disappointed, but job is job.

Two years later I noticed that a concert with John Denver was booked by another agency, being very good friends of mine. Beside my job, I always helped them, when they were short in staff. So I asked Peter (the head of this agency) if he could put me on the guest list and, if possible, could provide me with a backstage-pass. So I perhaps would have the possibility to have a look at John Denver behind the scenes. Peter's answer was "yes, of course" knowing that I am fond of John Denver. In the agency where I work, there was no concert scheduled for that day. So nothing would stop me joining the concert being in possession of a backstage-pass. YES! I was so happy. The date of this concert would have been October 24, 1997.

Many many years later the following happened: I met Peter during a concert of our agency. Rod Stewart. I worked there and he asked me to put him and his mother on the guest list, because she is a great fan of Rod Stewart. Peter's mother is in a wheel chair, so he had to accompany her. The concert was running, everything was fine, and both we had time to talk. We talked about all the world and his wife, the artists we met and so we came to John Denver. I complainted again that he died before I could visit a concert of him and, perhaps, saw him backstage. Peter looked at me and said "Dear, I must tell you the whole story. I was not able to tell you then." I looked at him puzzled and said "What do you mean".

"I wanted to thank you for all you've done for us all the years. Knowing how fond you were of John Denver I had the idea to surprise you with a special event: I knew that he would arrive one day earlier, very late afternoon. I arranged that you would have met John Denver and had dinner with him. Only him and you. I made an enquiry via his tour agency to his management. He was asked and he agreed after faxing a picture of you and telling him how nice, wonderful and crazy you are, ('that's what I need, why not, it's ok'). I was sure that he would enjoy the time he could spend with you, so afterwards he would not have regrets to have agreed my request, and I would have been in big trouble."

When I heard all that, tears came and I could not stop them running down my cheeks. Because I learned how much my work was appreciated? Or because I will never get this chance again? Don't know till today.

Elizabeth

• Removes trash
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2017, 12:44:46 PM »
Oh goodness...I have goosebumps. ♥ So very close....what  beautiful people you and all those you work with and know are. ♥

AspenDan

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2017, 10:22:42 PM »
Awesome story.

The best I have is I got a high five from John!